Why work with us
You will find we are driven by customer service and helping the community at the same time wherever possible. Our business ethics are simple and by helping our clients leads us to recommendations and referrals. These leads generate the best type of clients as well and working in a professional and friendly manner with you makes things so much easier.
We have two sides to our business and these are Billericay Web Services (BWS) and Billericay IT (BIT).
BWS help you with your websites and everything digital from design to marketing.
- Website design and development using WordPress
- Website enhancement through WordPress plugins
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Digital Marketing
- Logo Design and Branding
BIT are your traditional Computer company offering you the full range of services to home and business users.
- Computer and Laptop repair/fault finding
- iMac and Mac Book support and assistance
- Hard drive replacement and data recovery
- Provision of new and refurbished computer equipment
- Health check and virus removal for all devices
Our Community Work
Some of the community work/projects we have undertaken in the last couple of years..
- Sponsored website for Billericay Town Supporters Society
- Free ongoing IT Support and revamped website for Home Start Havering
- Matthews Voice – The site is run by Jade and its a cause that needs as much help as it can get
- The Appleton School in Benfleet won 1st and 2nd prizes in last years Young Enterprise competition after we sponsored and helped them create websites for their teams
- We provide help and guidance to Hearing Help Essex for IT and host services for them
- We offer work placements to many school students from surrounding and have recently recieved year 10 and 11 students from The Billericay School, Mayflower School – Billericay, Basildon Academy – Basildon, The Appleton School – Benfleet and others
- The DWP have registered us as a Disabilty Confident Committed employer and we help those with long term health conditions to have opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations. We have had 2 month placements for individuals to help give them some training in Websites and IT
- Abbeyfield have supported housing accommodation in Basildon and Billericay and we provide IT support at a reduced rate
I started off working at the young age of 16 with 4 “O” Levels under my belt in Maths, English, Economics and Geography. I spent the first part working for Midland Bank Limited in the City of London and had some great years doing this. My social life consisted of drinking in London, going to Romford Dogs and many others that were open including Southend, Harringay, Walthamstow, Wembley, Hackney and a few more. I always had a passion for dog racing plus some horse racing too. Still have but do not have the time I use to have.
I spent a long time working in London and with Midland Bank taken and then with HSBC after the take over in about 1991. In fact I started in IT in 1991 at HSBC and did some programming for a couple of years too at one stage which was good fun. In 1997, I took redundancy and moved into Investment Management and Asset Management as a business analyst and then into system testing. Learnt loads during that period and worked for a few large companies including JP Morgan, M & G Investments and Pioneer Investments in Dublin.
After 10 years in Asset/Investment Management it was time for a break and I ended up working locally for Hamelin Trust. I grew up in Romford and moved to Billericay in 1997 and working for a nice local charity as the IT manager seemed a good opportunity. It turned out to be an eye opening experience as the disorganisation in the charity was incredible and the way it was run no different to many charities you come across. Someone was in charge with no commercial experience. There was bullying that went on, abuse and all sorts but nothing new there. An accounts woman was even prosecuted a couple of years ago for embezzling a large amount of charity funds. I could talk for hours about the problems and to think these charities are trusted explicitly by those with vulnerable adults and children.
So after the charity work I decided the best thing was to set up my own business and go it on my own. I started Billericay IT Solutions Ltd, moved into websites with Billericay Web Services and have now amalgamated the two to from BWSIT. I am an avid supporter of Billericay Town FC attending many matches these days and have links with Mayflower School through my daughter who recently left and my son who still attends. I am also an Enterprise Advisor working with Essex County Council regarding getting students into work – something I find very rewarding. On tope of this I have good relationships with quite a few colleges and schools offering work experience placements. The team welcome the students and give them an insight into Web and IT services.
So here I am down in Maldon today to have talks with a networking group about amalgamating with RRN. The…
What is an SSD? An SSD (Or solid state drive) is a relatively new form of technology. It is a…
We have made a lot of visits to homes in the area where there have been internet speed issues. Some…
Business Mentoring with Kara-Rose I have taken my first dip into the world of Business Mentoring and have had my…